Health and disinfection protocol
#COMEBACKSAFE at Sir Anthony Hotel
Now that we can travel once again, it’s more important than ever that we can do so safely and with peace of mind. The well-being of our guests is at the top of our list, and we are very much looking forward to you coming back, enjoying our hotels and making unforgettable memories once again.
With this in mind, we have created the project #COMEBACKSAFE. A set of measures that have been developed by an interdepartmental team within the company and approved by safety experts. The aim is for everyone, from our customers to our employees and our suppliers, to continue to enjoy a worry-free experience with all of our services. The health and safety of our nearest and dearest is our main priority.
The following measures are in line with recommendations from health and hygiene experts, competent healthcare authorities and the World Health Organization. What’s more, they have been approved by a multidisciplinary team at the Barcelona Clinical Hospital.
GLOBAL HYGIENE STANDARDS
- All our hotel facilities will be disinfected prior to opening. All our disinfecting tasks will be carried out according to the Spanish Ministry of Health’s guidelines, and using only ECOLAB products with virucidal activity.
- Increased frequency of cleaning of all our facilities, at least 3 times/day.
- Cleaning/disinfection every 2 hours of all surfaces and elements in the hotel that are frequently touched or used by multiple guests, e.g. lift buttons, handrails, door handles, bathrooms, etc.
- Cleaning and disinfection of all bathrooms (both toilets for guests and staff toilets) 6 times/day.
- Use of waste bins with sensor lids that are labelled for sanitary waste in specific areas of the hotel.
- Use of a disinfecting doormat in the entrance way of all our facilities.
- Increased air filter cleaning across all our facilities.
- All our closed hotel rooms will be ventilated for a minimum of 10 minutes, twice a day.
- Placement of hydroalcoholic gel dispensers throughout commonly used areas in our facilities.
- Reorganisation and redistribution of furniture in all hotel spaces to guarantee social distancing (1.5 m) in line with healthcare authority guidelines.
- Lifts and service lifts will have a maximum capacity of 1 person, except for individuals who live together or if all occupants are wearing a mask. We recommend the use of the stairs whenever possible.
- We have established a body temperature control check for all individuals who access our facilities as a COVID-19 prevention measure. No individual with a body temperature above 37.5°C will be allowed access to our facilities. Temperature checks will take place at the main entrance to the hotel when guests check in.
- Face masks are mandatory in all hotel communal areas.
- Physical contact when greeting others is prohibited.
- We have placed visible markings on the floor at counters and the hotel reception so guests can observe social distancing from staff and other guests.
- We recommend payment by card. Our POS terminals will be cleaned and disinfected after use.
- All our hotel staff and partners will undergo the necessary training upon returning to work, to ensure complete compliance with the hotel’s new policies.
IN ADDITION TO OUR GLOBAL HYGIENE STANDARDS, THE FOLLOWING MEASURES WILL BE IMPLEMENTED IN EACH HOTEL AREA/DEPARTMENT:
RESTAURANTS & KITCHENS
- The maintenance and cleaning tasks of filters and extractors in the kitchen and restaurant will be reinforced and increased.
- Guests are required to wear face masks when accessing the buffet.
- We have redistributed furniture in order to guarantee social distancing between groups of tables.
- All decorative and communal use elements have been removed from our facilities, including: serviette holders, toothpicks, cruets, etc.
- Our menus have been adapted to QR code technology, although there are laminated menus available if needed, which will be disinfected after each use.
- Before our guests occupy a table at our Restaurants, the furniture, including tables and chairs, will be disinfected.
- All cooking utensils will be washed and disinfected with dishwashing equipment at a temperature above 80°C, in line with health authority guidelines.
- Our Reception staff will take the body temperature of our guests using a contactless digital thermometer when guests check in.
- All our guests are required to sanitise their hands with hydroalcoholic gel when entering the hotel.
- We have placed protective screens at the front desk counters in reception areas.
- We have placed markings on the floor to indicate the safety distance guests must observe at all times (1.5 metres).
- The sharing of objects between guests and employees is prohibited. In the case that items must be accepted (credit cards, cash, pens, etc.), hands and the object (if possible) must be disinfected.
- For the time being, we will not offer to assist guests with their luggage.
- For the time being, if guests require the use of our luggage storage service, guests themselves must place their luggage in the designated area.
- Our Reception will be ventilated naturally three times a day for 10 minutes by keeping the main entrance doors open.
- We will prioritise advance online check-in in order to speed up the process when guests arrive. However, guests are still required to verify their legal documents and make any payments at the Reception desk.
- Room keys will be disinfected when returned by our guests.
- For the time being, our concierge staff are unable to share a lift with our guests.
- For the time being, we are unable to offer vehicle parking services for our guests.
- At the end of each shift, cleaning trolleys will be cleaned without fail. What’s more, all cleaning trolleys will be equipped with alcohol gel for use by our staff, as and when necessary.
- Only single-use cleaning materials will be used to clean and disinfect hotel rooms.
- At the end of each shift, all materials will be sanitised at the hotel laundry at temperatures above 60°C.
- We store all bed linen and pillows in protective plastic bags.
- We have removed, wherever possible, almost all stationary items for communal use from our hotel rooms.
- Our hotel rooms will be cleaned in the absence of the guest, unless due to duly justified reasons. If room cleaning must be undertaken in the presence of the guest, the guest is required to wear a face mask and observe social distancing of 1.5 m from our staff.
- All our hotel rooms will be cleaned and disinfected with the room door and balcony open to aid ventilation and air renewal.
- All textile products in our hotel rooms will be placed inside bags before being removed. It is completely prohibited to shake out textile products before packing them inside bags. The bags containing the textile products must remain closed until reaching the laundry, where they will be sanitised.
- During the cleaning and disinfection of hotel rooms, special attention will be paid to disinfecting frequently touched objects, including: door handles, telephones, buttons, handrails, the minibar, tables, amenities, light switches, etc.
- The ironing service is subject to availability. The iron will be clean and disinfected when given to the guest and cleaned and disinfected after use.
- All textile products that cannot be removed from rooms (curtains, cushions, carpets, etc.), will undergo thermal disinfection with a steam cleaner and a disinfectant specifically for fabric.
- Minibars and hangers in hotel rooms will be thoroughly disinfected between guests.
- The cleaning of air conditioning filters in rooms will be reinforced. This task will be carried out after the guest checks out.
- Hairdryers (including the filter) will always be cleaned and disinfected after the guest checks out.
- For the time being, it has been decided that guests must collect any orders from the service trolley and that our staff will not enter the hotel rooms. Once finished, guests must leave trays in the hallway for our staff to collect them.
- Payment for services will be made at the end of the hotel stay. We recommend payment via card upon check-out.
- All our articles are disinfected before being placed in our store.
- The store will have an entry and exit schedule.
- The area is ventilated various times throughout the day. Whenever possible, the main doors to the store will remain open.
- All our bathrooms will be cleaned and disinfected 6 times/day.
- Disposable single-use paper towels are available in all our bathrooms.
- Textiles will be washed at 60°C in line with the guidelines established by healthcare authorities.
- Textiles will be ironed at a temperature of between 105–110°C.
- All textile products shall be bagged before being returned to guests.
- The vehicle will be cleaned and disinfected without fail before and after each service.
- The handle and wheels of each piece of luggage are required to be cleaned and disinfected before being placed in the vehicle.
PIRÁMIDE DE ARONA
- Guest will be required to use different doors to enter and exit the Auditorium.
- Cleaning and disinfection tasks will be carried out depending on the number of events held at the Auditorium. The venue will be cleaned and disinfected before and after each event.
- The area will be ventilated during cleaning tasks.
- Special precaution shall be taken when cleaning the stage, the dressing rooms and communal areas for artists on the days on which events are held.
- External companies that offer services to the Auditorium must comply with the same protocol as for other Auditorium employees, of which they will be informed before their arrival.
SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT
- We have made it our goal to ensure that all our sports and entertainment activities are conducted outdoors.
- The maximum number of guests that can take part in our outdoor sports activities is 30 people.
- All our equipment will be disinfected twice a day.
- All closed areas will be ventilated 2 hours before use.
- We have reduced the capacity of our gyms.
- Our gyms will be ventilated continuously to guarantee the constant renewal of air from the outside.
- The use of towels is mandatory when using gym machinery and/or equipment.
POOL AND SUNDECK
- There will be a maximum number of sun loungers for use at the poolside sundeck in order to maintain a minimum safety distance of 1.5 metres. Capacity will be indicated at the pool entrance.
- We have reinforced the cleaning and disinfection of frequently used areas and surfaces, including: showers, stairs, exterior areas, sun loungers, etc. Areas in continuous use will be disinfected every 2 hours.
- All lockers will be disinfected before and after each use.
- The use of slippers by guests is mandatory when using our Wellness & SPA facilities.
- Guests will find laundry baskets with lids and automatic activation points for dirty laundry. There will be a plastic bag inside the basket so laundry can be safely removed.
- We have temporarily removed all communal reading material (magazines, newspapers, books, etc.) from our facilities.
- Our staff will ensure that treatment beds will be protected and all covers, sheets and towels used for treatments will be disposed of after use.
- Treatment cabins will be disinfected by our staff before and after each use.
- We will use single-use cosmetics insofar as possible. If this is not possible, we will use dispensers.
- Slips used for treatments are disposable and are provided to clients in sealed packaging.
CLUB MARE KIDS
- We have temporarily suspended children’s activities (sport and leisure) for children up to the age of 7, as we cannot guarantee social distancing.
- All other activities will be adapted to the current situation.
- The use of hydroalcoholic gel is mandatory when entering all children’s entertainment areas.
- We have implemented a rigorous cleaning and disinfection programme.
- The frequency of cleaning and disinfection tasks in our facilities, of furniture and equipment, floors and play areas has been increased.
- Material used for crafts will be disinfected after use.
- Our kids club staff will encourage frequent hand hygiene.
- Adults will be required to wear protective face masks.
- Food will be prohibited, except in the case of prepared baby food that is labelled with a name and handled with protective gloves.
Health safety protocol audited by:
Products and hygiene and cleaning protocols for:
Important information about COVID-19
Current bookings – Cancellation Policy
For bookings made before 30 March 2020.
• If you have a non-refundable booking made via our website or customer service centre for a stay before 1st of July, we are giving you the option to postpone it to a later date up to 31 December 2020 at no extra charge, in a room with the same features and with the same terms and conditions. Please email the hotel at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to make the change.
• Guests who have made a booking with free cancellation via our website or customer service centre may cancel at any time up to 24 hours before their scheduled arrival and receive a full refund.
Future bookings – Cancellation Policy
We understand that it is difficult to commit oneself to travel plans at the moment, therefore, the Sir Anthony Hotel is offering you a free cancellation policy for your next booking until 30 June. You can book now without having to worry. You can cancel your booking at any time up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival and receive a full refund.
Should we are obliged to remain closed during the dates that you have booked, we will offer you alternative accommodation of the same or superior standard at another one of our own hotels or another nearby hotel in the same city. If this isn’t possible, we will allow guests to cancel their bookings free of charge or to postpone their stay to a later date once the hotel has reopened, subject to availability and applicable rates.
If you have made your booking through an online travel agent or any other travel agent, we recommend contacting the supplier of your booking for information about their rebooking policy.
Due to the circumstances, our customer service centres may take longer than usual to respond. Please understand that our team may be dealing with other enquiries and that we will send you a satisfactory reply as soon as we possibly can.
The wellbeing and health of our guests and employees is our priority at the Sir Anthony Hotel. That is why we are rigorously complying with the guidelines laid down by the World Health Organization and the relevant authorities for the containment of the coronavirus (COVID-19) all over the world.
We are very much aware that the COVID-19 pandemic and the responses of governmental and health authorities are in a constant state of change and development. Please bear in mind that the measures contained in this document are also subject to change over time.
Safety measures at hotels in response to COVID-19
The safety of our guests and staff remains our highest priority. In response to the healthcare crisis caused by COVID-19, we have taken additional health and safety measures to help keep our guests and employees safe:
- All of our facilities will be disinfected before Hotels are opened.
- We have updated our daily cleaning and disinfection protocols for all facilities. The update to these changes will increase the frequency of disinfection of rooms and communal areas, with particular emphasis on commonly-used items such as handrails, staircases, door handles, lift buttons, etc. The daily disinfection will be carried out using anti-viral products authorised by the Ministry of Health for use against COVID-19.
- Disinfectant gel will be made available and clients will be invited to use this on arrival at the Hotel reception as well as in all of our Restaurants.
- Occupancy numbers will be reduced in all of our facilities, maintaining social distancing of 2 metres at all times, between employees as well as between clients and employees.
- The entire staff will be trained on COVID-19, prevention measures and new ways of working. Specific training will be provided for all staff involved in cleaning and disinfection tasks.
- Employees will be provided with the necessary PPE to carry out their work, according to the guidelines set out by the WHO, Ministry of Health and specific Risk Assessment.
- Employees will have their temperature taken on a daily basis and no one with a temperature over 37.5 degrees will be admitted.
- Implementation of action protocols in the event of potential positive or suspected cases at our facilities. This protocol has been created in conjunction with the Medical Department of our external Prevention Service.
We will continue to ensure that hygiene and cleanliness remain the top priority throughout our operations.